Shrimp for Aquachile
2 lbs shrimp
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
Salt to taste
1. Wash shrimp with shell on, peel, devein and pat dry. Butterfly the shrimp leaving tails on.
2. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl. Toss with the lime juice and chile until thoroughly combined.
3. Let sit for 15 minutes.
Read Related: Lenten Recipes: Baked Shrimp Veracruz
¼ cup white wine
1 cup water
1 serrano chile, seeded
2 garlic cloves
1 medium onion, quartered
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove shrimp from lime juice and transfer to a platter.
- Pour salsa over the marinated shrimp.
To garnish: Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the shrimp. Top with sliced cucumbers, red onion, and avocado. Sprinkle with sea salt and chopped cilantro.
Learn more about Chef Johnny Hernandez.