To start your morning right, or just for healthier snack throughout the day, here’s a new take on the granola classic.
FLAX APPLE GRANOLA
1/3 cup coconut oil, heated
1/4 cup honey
2 TSP sugar
2 cups salted peanuts, chopped
3/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 TSP ground cinnamon
1/6 TSP ground ginger
1/6 TSP cocoa powder
1 Granny Smith apple, diced
Read Related: Get to Know Your Grains: Atole de Amaranth con Peras
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Prepare a sheet tray with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil, honey and sugar over low heat stirring until incorporated.
- Transfer to bowl and mix in 2 cups peanuts and flax seeds, cinnamon, ginger and cocoa powder.
- Transfer to sheet tray and bake; mixing every 20 minutes for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; toss with diced apples.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Enjoy atop yogurt, salads, mixed into hummus or just eaten alone as an on-the-go snack.
Learn more aboutAmie Valpone.