Molten Dulce de Leche Cakes are the sweetest ending to your meal. Served fresh from the oven, these spongy cakes hide a warm dulce de leche filling. Only four ingredients required, 12 minutes of baking and presto! A small decadent cake that your guests will think you slaved all day to make.
Keep canned dulce de leche in your pantry year round to make these cakes, should unexpected guests arrive for dinner—or whip up a batch when you feel like surprising your family with an extra special after-dinner treat. Simply top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dust with powdered sugar and your guests will think you’re a genius.
Read Related: Banana & Dulce de Leche Strudel
DULCE DE LECHE MOLTEN CAKES
Makes: 6 four ounce cakes
1 TBSP unsalted butter
2 ½ TBSP flour, plus 1 TBSP for ramekins
2 large eggs yolks
1 large egg
13.4 oz can of dulce de leche*
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Butter and flour six 4 ounce ramekins, place on baking sheet and set aside.
- Beat eggs yolks and eggs until doubled in volume, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly add dulce de leche and continue to beat until well blended.
- Add flour and with mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Divide batter among ramekins and bake until cakes are golden brown in color, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, run a knife around edges to loosen cake.
- Serve warm with ice cream or dust with powdered sugar.
*Available in many specialty grocery stores.
Learn more about Vianney Rodriguez.