Has February crept up on you in the worst way? Valentine’s Day and you have nothing with which to woo your sweetie?
ALL HANDS ON DECK
This just can’t be…you need to snap into action fast…here’s the answer. Make mini-chocolate chip flan covered in dulce de leche. It’s a simple dessert that can be prepared all in one place…your blender. Then you add it into the oven while you get the rest of your plans in order. This dessert will save you time and make you look like the hero lover!
So dust off your old ramekins and open up your pantry…you probably have all the ingredients at home already. Once your flans are ready you can dive into the rich creaminess of a delicious chocolate chip flan that is simply seductive.
Read Related: Clásico Flan & a Godiva Cocktail
The use of cream cheese takes this flan to a custard like cheesecake texture that is as unforgettable as your darling. In fact, you might take one bite and give your love the boot, and claim you found a new love named FLAN. Serve some on your special day and save some for later as a night time treat, if you have the will power. Enjoy. Happy Valentine’s Day.
MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP FLAN
non-stick cooking spray
6 TBSP dulce de leche
4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 can evaporated milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 TBSP vanilla extract
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
6 ramekins (that are able to hold 1¼ cups liquid)
1 large baking dish (15 x 13)
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- Spray 6 ramekins with cooking spray. Then pour 1 tablespoon of dulce de leche in each ramekin. Add a small pinch of chocolate chips into each ramekin as well.
- Arrange all the ramekins inside of baking dish. Set to the side.
- In a blender add cream cheese, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla. Blend till smooth.
- Pour one cup of flan mixture into each ramekin over the dulce de leche and chocolate chip mixture. Then sprinkle tops of flan mixture with a pinch of chocolate chips as well.
- Then pour boiling hot water into baking dish to fill to halfway mark; making a water bath for the ramekins.
- Place baking dish in oven for 55 minutes or until center of each flan is firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in baking dish for one hour.
- Remove from baking dish and place in fridge overnight.
- Run a butter knife along the edges and invert onto a plate.
- Decorate with strawberries.
Learn more about Nicole Presley.