Click on the Halloween Image for a surprise recipe treat… boo!
Editor’s Note: Game Day means lots of hungry football fans to feed. Some busy bloggers found great ways to score some tasty touchdowns! Here are their delicious ideas (and you get to meet some wonderful, creative bloggers along the way.)
It’s all part of the The Great Eggo Waffle Off! Facebook contest.
Fifteen Mom Bloggers known as “Chief Waffle Officers” created some custom waffle recipes each Wednesday for the contest that runs through October 30th.
Read Related: Allergy-Free Football Food
Here are samples for you to try…
Football Themed-Eggo® Recipes
BLOG SITE: Kitchen Fun with my Three Sons
“Jill & her 3 little boys love to get creative in the kitchen. Their blog is packed full of fun food, silly snacks, tasty treats, & recipe ideas that they create mostly for kids. Jill & the boys reside Atlanta, GA. You can find them at Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons. They can also be found on Facebook and Pinterest.”
Eggo Peanut Butter & Banana Football Snacks
4 Eggo Nutri-Grain Honey Oat Waffles
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- Start out by toasting the waffles.
- Then cut one of the waffles into a football shape using kitchen scissors.
- Use that piece as a guide to cut the rest.
- Spread peanut butter on one side of 2 waffles.
- Slice a banana and place the slices on top.
BLOG SITE: ThriftyandChicMom
“Ellen is a 31-year-old happily married mom to 4 soon to be 5 little girls living in Columbus, Ohio. She and her husband are both Ohio State University grads and love the Buckeyes! You can find Ellen blogging daily at Thrifty & Chic Mom about all of the things she loves… fashion, beauty, family, cooking and all the products that help her be a better mom or make her life easier as a mom. Over the last 5 years Ellen has expanded her blog doing brand ambassadorships, tv appearances and speaking at conferences. You can find her on Facebook and Twitter most days where she loves connecting with other moms.”
Buckeye Waffle Bites
Eggo Mini Waffles
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Toast Eggo Mini Waffles according to directions and let them cool.
- Make a peanut butter sandwich out of two mini waffles.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coat the entire waffle sandwich in chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chocolate harden then leave out to return to room temperature before serving.
BLOG SITE: Food, Family & Finds
“Cat, a home-style cooking foodie, is busy mom of three children and the wife of a Police Officer. As the author of Food Family & Finds, Cat uses her life experiences and love of photography to blog about parenting, food, and products the whole family can enjoy. Having spent five years in the blogging space focusing on food and family, Cat has learned the secret recipe to life: good food, great friends and the love of family.”
“Game Day” Rocky Road Waffle-corn Snack Mix Recipe
4 cups caramel popcorn
4 Chocolate Chip Eggo Waffles
1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup dark chocolate, melted
- Toast waffles as directed by manufacturer. Cut waffles into bite sized cubes.
- In a large bowl, toss together popcorn, waffles, peanuts and marshmallows.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the snack mix and serve.