My family has long enjoyed these Tex-Mex eggs for breakfast, lunch, or a snack-on-the-go. The tomato sauce makes the eggs, Salsa con Huevo, look truly devilish but delicious. They can be wrapped in warm flour tortillas for delicious breakfast tacos.
Read Related: Weekend Cooking: Stay-Home Brunch Ideas
SALSA CON HUEVO
Makes: 2 servings
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced.
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
4 large eggs, beaten
2 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add tomato sauce and cook, stir occasionally, until sauce is reduced by 1/3.
- Add eggs and scramble gently.
- Mixture will take slightly longer than regular scrambled eggs to set up.
- Using spatula over, push eggs to one side, carefully tilting pan so uncooked eggs move to other side of pan.
- Continue until eggs are set and no liquid remains. Serve with warm tortillas.
Learn more about Mario Bosquez.